Wednesday, February 27, 2008

R.I.P (Rest In Peace)

Minutes pass away like years,
as I sit in this solitary retreat,
wiping away salty tears,
and so i have done for years.

I fight not despair,
I fight not fear,
I fight not failure,
I fight no one dear,
I fight my demons.

I fight those demons,
who appear to plague me,
every moment without solace,
they torment me,though i wish to make peace,
they pursue me and never seem to cease.

Demons of the past threaten my tomorrow,
with every step that I tread forward,
they pull me towards sorrow.
Past are bygones ,so I have heard,
not for these demons,maybe not until Iam dead.

I call out to these demons to devour me,
have their fill and set my soul free.
Let it feel light , let it feel infinite.
But these demons still dwell in me,
to liberate me, they will never agree.

So let me lead this life at their will,
let them drain me and have their fill.
Let every smile be a precursor to pain,
Let every victory be in vain,
May this poem be my Swan-song,
Yet I will live with this white hope,
that my inner demons will be finally put to rest,
Rest In Peace......

No comments: