Monday, May 25, 2009

Cuckoo ...koo...koo

Of all the things I am really gratified about , one is that I get woken up inthe morning by a great " Good morning" song these days! A Cuckoo has taken a fancy to a tree opposite to my balcony window and makes it a point to perch itself on its branches every morning and croon "good morning" koo...koo...koo....

It is also quite diligent about it...always on time.Touch wood. Just when Bangalore is getting crowded and polluted by the day, trees are being cut left and right ( Cubbon park! ), I happen to have a cuckoo croon to me everyday! What next? Perhaps a few sparrows hopping around in my balcony? Now that is what I call wishful thinking!

2 comments:

Diya said...

Ever heard of 'Count ur blessings'???? Cuckoo saaladu antha sparrows antha heli, namagella urisodu yaava nyaaya???

- Diya

Deepti Srinivasan said...

Why are you getting jealous?..for all i know this might be short lived...some construction is starting nearby and cuckoos are sensitive na...sad!